Export - Understanding the Paperwork
This courses satisfies the requirements of the British Chambers of Commerce "Export Documentation" assessment. Assessment can be undertaken via an approved Chamber of Commerce in the UK
This course may qualify for grant funding available to UK companies. Please see https://www.customsintermediarygrant.co.uk
Export Training Course Description:
Export Documentation problems will often lead to delays in getting goods to customers, increased costs and charges, and a breakdown of goodwill between seller and buyer. Changes to regulations and requirements often pass unnoticed or are misunderstood.
HM Revenue and Customs require exporters to demonstrate documentary compliance with security and customs regimes, even if they choose to outsource the shipping function to agents or forwarders or delegate logistics to the buyer under ex-works terms or similar. Non compliance risks delay in the supply chain and the possibility of financial penalty. Customs organisations globally are increasingly offering simplified border procedures for those compliant organisations.
This export training course will address all these issues and more. It will examine all aspects of export documentation from first enquiry to arrival of the goods at destination and will seek to establish best practice, emphasising the need for a clear and coherent audit trail for each shipment to ensure customs compliance.
Export Training Course Content:
- Introduction- Background, context and current developments
- Export Controls - Background, development and documentary compliance requirements
- Destination Country Requirements- Illustrated with current examples
- Financial Documentation - Insurance certificates, bank requirements for documentary settlement
- Customs Compliance - Security initiatives, Authorised Economic Operator, commodity codes, customs procedure codes
- Internal Documentation - Audit trail, sales contracts, customs requirements, proof of export, invoices, packing lists, shipping instructions, pre-shipment inspections
- Consignment Documentation - Shipping notes, bills of lading, waybills, express bills, air waybills, road/rail consignment notes
- Customs Documentation - UK/arab certificates of origin, UK-EUR1, invoice declarations, community transit, intrastat, export declarations
Export Training Course Objectives:
- Provide an overview of export control requirements
- Identify the destination country requirements for documents required
- Gain an overview of export contract documentation
- Understand when, why and by whom the documents are required
- Provide the necessary information for completion of documentation by other parties
- Compliance with security and customs requirements
- Establishment of a clear and coherent audit trail for each shipment
One day - approximately 6 hours training time
The trainer will use oral and visual presentation, reference to fictitious and real examples and participatory exercises to illustrate course content. The delegates will receive copies of the presentation on which notes can be made together with a workbook for future reference
Who should attend?
This course is graded as intermediate level. It is designed for more experienced exporters, those who require a refresher course or updating in the latest procedures or those who have attended the Introduction to Export Operations export training course. It will be assumed that delegates have a basic working knowledge of exporting procedures. The content will be relevant to field and office based sales staff, purchasing staff, shipping and despatch personnel, accounts and finance staff, customer services, freight forwarders and logistics.
Cost and Availability
For public course fees and schedule please see listings on course schedule
page. We would be pleased to quote for in company delivery. Please contact us for a quotation